Yowamushi Pedal Voice Actors get together for a talk detailing what’s next for the series!
A story about young boys who have grown to love bicycle racing. When Sakamichi Onoda (a guy with crippling social anxiety and otaku tendencies) encounters the mean-spirited Imaizumi, the charismatic Shingo Kinjou, and the competitive Shoukichi Naruko, his life undergoes a drastic change as he transforms into a serious cyclist.
Daiki Yamashita spoke of how he thought a hiatus would occur after the end of Season 4. However, fate had different plans for Yowamushi Pedal. He referred to the excitement stemming from the loyal fanbase and how it influenced the staff and voice cast to keep moving forward, undeterred.
Yamashita-senpai talked about how Sohoku has undergone a change over the years and how captain Teshima has a unique form of strength that is backed by his ability to foster better teamwork among the budding youngsters who are the stars in the anime.
Kousuke Toriumi explained how he learned about Season 5 being greenlit roughly two years ago. Because of political reasons and COVID-19, he was unsure about the future of the series.
The recording started around six months ago, around the same time production began. The screen presence of Teshima and Aoyagi is a matter that Toriumi-senpai talked of, alongside how Kinjou’s methods were different from Teshima’s as the team leader.
Inserting a joke about Teshima’s potential as a singer, Toriumi detailed Imaizumi’s tsundere tendencies and how he has grown to be open-minded over a period of time. He also heaped praise on Koji Yusa, whose talent as a voice actor inspired him to do more with the given role.
The interview concluded with the two signifying how all the athletes have evolved tremendously. The dynamic between the allies and enemies has changed, and the series will surely send the viewers over the edge as they shake with happiness.
- Daiki Yamashita as Sakamichi Onoda (the protagonist)
- Kousuke Toriumi as Shunsuke Imaizumi
- Koji Yusa as Akira Midosuji
- Jun Fukushima as Shokichi Naruko
- Daisuke Kishio as Junta Teshima
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Hajime Aoyagi
- Hiroki Yatsumoto as Shingo Kinjou
- Director: Osamu Nabeshima (known for Akira, Dr. Stone)
- Screenplay: Reiko Yoshida (known for Aria the Animation, K-ON!)
- Script: Kurasumi Sunayama (known for 86, Darker than Black), Mitsutaka Hirota (known for Edens Zero, Kaiji Ultimate Survivor), Reiko Yoshida, Yoshifumi Fukushima (known for Inazuma Eleven, Dragon Ball Super)
- Storyboard: Hideaki Oba (known for Case Closed, Love of Kill), Masaki Ozora (known for Cat’s Eye, Rent-A-Girlfriend), Osamu Tadokoro (known for Golden Time, Nobunaga the Fool), and many more
- Animation Director: Tamako Miyanishi (known for Aoashi, Kuroko’s Basketball), Yukiyo Komito (known for Anohana, Gleipnir), and dozens more
- Character Design: Takahiko Yoshida (known for Basilisk, Desert Punk)
- Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara (known for Blood the Last Vampire, Baki Hanma)
- Music: Kan Sawada (known for Moonlight Mile)
- CGI Director: Takeshi Sanada (known for Gintama: The Movie, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed)
Yowamushi Pedal has been licensed by Crunchyroll, Discotek Media, and Madman Entertainment. It shall premiere on October 9th after midnight this year. Are you ready for the epic showdown? Wataru Watanabe writes and illustrates the manga that has been serialized in Weekly Shonen Champion for the past 14 years.
Source: Anime Eiga