The tales of shiny muscular JoBros have been told to generations of men. Now the story has switched quite a bit. Hirohiko Araki brought forth a delightful adventure that features Jolyne Cujoh, the estranged daughter of Jotaro Kujo, aka marine biologist, who defeated Dio Brando. Although, there were many seeds that the JoBros in the Stardust Crusaders didn’t crush.
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Stone Ocean shall release on December 1st this year. Netflix has sped up the process, so fans won’t have to wait too long. David Production and the animators did a fabulous job behind the scenes, and we should look forward to a fitting ending coming our way.
So far, the music and storytelling have captured the manga’s tone perfectly. Take a look at this announcement on Netflix’s official Twitter account.
Now that’s a lot to take in.
- Director: Toshiyuki Kato (known for Drifters), Kenichi Suzuki (known for Golgo 13, Hellsing Ultimate)
- Screenplay: Yasuko Kobayashi (known for Galaxy Angel, Attack on Titan)
- Storyboard: Taizo Yoshida (known for Bungo Stray Dogs, Daily Lives of High School Boys), Toshiyuki Kato, almost a dozen more
- Character Design: Masanori Shino (known for Urusei Yatsura, Hajime no Ippo)
- Composer: Yugo Kanno (known for Psycho-Pass, Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan)
- Animation Director: Kazunori Shibata (known for Captain Tsubasa), Haruki Miura (known for Cells at Work!), Eri Kojima (known for Blood Battlefront Blockade and Beyond), and many more
- Fairouz Ai and Kira Buckland as Jolyne Cujoh
- Tomokazu Seki and YongYea as Enrico Pucci
- Atsumi Tanezaki and Casey Mongillo as Emporio Alnino
- Daisuke Namikawa and Howard Wang as Narciso Anasui
- Mariya Ise and Brittany Lauda as Foo Fighters
- Yuichiro Umehara and Stephen Fu as Weather Report (Wes)
Recap of Events
Jolyne Cujoh and her gang have lotta hoops to jump through this time. Inside the special building housing uniquely dangerous prisoners, the daughter of Jotaro Kujo overcomes strong enemies like Viviano Westwood and Kenzou with a little help from Hermes and a lot from Anasui.
Later a Stand named Yo-Yo-Mama proves to be troublesome as well. F.F. plays a key role and sacrifices themselves to save Jolyne in a fight against the megalomaniac Enrico Pucci. Miuccia Miuller (Miu Miu) proves to be an effective antagonist as she tries to prevent Jolyne Cujoh and her allies from escaping Green Dolphin Street Prison. Pucci later detects a problem with his Stand Whitesnake and realizes that he is evolving into something else. Enrico heads out looking for new compatriots with his eyes set on the new moon night.
Will you watch it on December 1st, or will you push it back until Christmas? Let us know your plans in the comments section, and remember that Jolyne’s journey outside the prison walls has only begun. From here onwards, there will be barriers she has never seen. Stone Ocean has one of the finest story arcs in the Jojo universe so stay psyched for what’s about to hit us soon.