The latest and greatest One Piece film has blown people away left and right. So, Here are some quick stats on all the records the film broke and when it will release in your country.
Before diving in, Watch One Piece Film: Red trailer here.
Goro Taniguchi (co-creator of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion) is the film director. Tsutomu Kuroiwa provided the screenplay for the project. Eiichiro Oda, the man behind the manga, produced the movie. Toei took charge of animation and distribution. Yasutaka Nakata composed the signature music score utilized throughout the entire film. Ado performs “New Genesis,” which is the chosen theme song. She has sung other features, including Mrs. Green Apple, Hiroyuki Sawano, Yuta Orisaka, and many others.
This movie premiered on July 22nd, 2022, in Tokyo but was released in the entire nation of Japan on August 6th this year. The film has garnered ¥13.94 billion in Japan alone, making it the biggest Japanese cinematic venture this year. Around the world, it has collected far more and will reach for the stars.
Notable Box Office Collections (Till Date):
- Japan: ¥13.87 billion
- France: US$6,831,811
- Hong Kong: US$894,748
- Netherlands: US$128,367
- Taiwan: US$5.01 million
One Piece Film: Red Feats Accomplished So Far
- Highest grossing film of 2022 in Japan.
- The film reached 8 billion yen at a tremendous pace, second only to Demon Slayer: Mugen train.
- Became the highest-grossing One Piece film in the entire franchise. This was achieved within ten days of release in the native country.
- Film Red is the 13th highest-grossing film of all time in Japan.
- Earned 14.96 Billion Yen with 10.72 Million admissions in Japan.
- Crosses the collections of Detective Conan: The Bride of Halloween and Arietty (Studio Ghibli animates the latter) at the Japanese BO with ease.
- Left most successful film of the year, Top Gun: Maverick in the dust in Japan.
- It continued to be the number one film in Japan for one and a half months.
- Rushed past Pokemon: The Movie 2000 after the French premiere at the 12th Beijing Internation Film Festival, the tickets ran out in a single minute.
- Highest gross for an anime movie in Thailand (for the opening day).
- Ado’s “New Genesis” overtook DJ Khaled and Beyonce’s pieces on Apple Music.
- Received 10 billion yen in a short period (5 days before Spirited Away did when it was released decades ago).
- Mayumi Tanaka as Monkey D. Luffy
- Shuichi Ikeda as Red-Haired Shanks
- Kaori Nazuka and Ado (singer persona) as Uta
- Kazuya Nakai as Roronoa Zoro
- Akemi Okumura as Nami
- Kappei Yamaguchi as Usopp
- Hiroaki Hirata as Sanji
- Ikue Otani as Tony Tony Chopper
- Yuriko Yamaguchi as Nico Robin
- Kazuki Yao as Franky
- Cho (born Shigeru Nagashima) as Brook
- Katsuhisa Hoki as Jimbei
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Gordon
- Chise Niitsu as Romy
- Yuki Kaji as Yorueka
Global Release Dates For One Piece Film: Red
|Paris Premiere in France||August 6th|
|France Early Showings||August 7th|
|Switzerland Early Showings||August 7th|
|Republic of the Congo||August 12th|
|Dem. Republic of the Congo||August 12th|
|Burkina Faso||August 12th|
|Hong Kong||August 25th|
|Singapore Premiere||September 2nd|
|Kuala Lumpur Premiere in Malaysia||September 3rd and 4th|
|The Netherlands Early Showings||September 5th|
|The Netherlands||September 9th|
|Melbourne Premiere in Australia||September 16th|
|Jakarta Premiere in Indonesia||September 16th|
|Manila Premiere in the Philippines||September 17th and 18th|
|Malaysia Early Showings||September 18th|
|The Philippines Early Showings||September 24th and 25th|
|The Philippines||September 28th|
|New York Premiere in the United States of America||October 6th|
|Berlin Premiere in Germany||October 11th|
|Lucca Premiere in Italy||October 28th -November 1st|
|New Zealand||November 3rd|
|United Arab Emirates||November 3rd|
|Costa Rica||November 3rd|
|Dominican Republic||November 3rd|
|El Salvador||November 3rd|
|United Kingdom||November 4th|
|United States of America||November 4th|
|Italy Early Showings||November 7th and 8th|
|Turkey||Fall of 2022|
|South Korea||November 30th|
Synopsis of One Piece Film: Red
On the “Island of Music,” known worldwide as Elegia, the world’s most renowned idol Uta showcases a grand reveal for her fans. She encounters Luffy as a child when the Red-haired pirate crew docked at Foosha Village a dozen years ago. She is also the daughter of Shanks, who helped mentor Luffy and once saved his life.
Uta has an antagonistic outlook toward pirates as her father abandoned the crimson-haired girl. She is the primary villain in the movie. The story is centered around Uta overcoming her past and moving forward as a talented singer.
Well, Are you excited to watch the film or have you already seen it? Let us know your thoughts in the comment below.