May 4th is the holy day for every Star Wars Fan. The iconic line echoing through generations, “May the force be with you,” comes off like a wishful encouragement. This dialog was first heard in Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope by General Jan Dodonna in the 1977 film. It was sort of seen as a battle cry since the military leader utters these words to his troops for the Battle of Yavin.
Ever since then, fans coined the term “May the fourth be with you” as a play with puns and marked May 4th as the official Star Wars Day. You may expect a few people to be suddenly enthusiastic at work that day; don’t worry, they only want to wish that the force be with you!
To beat the social awkwardness, we have come up with some epic replies when someone wishes you with “May The Fourth Be With You.”
Some Generic Yet Effective Responses
- “Aww, that’s considerate of you, since the 3rd abandoned me yesterday.”
- A simple “Thanks! You too” works fine too.
- If you want to acknowledge their Jedi powers, you can say, “Thanks Yoda.”
- If you are feeling extra generous, you can say, “May the fourth be with all of us.”
- A cute reply would be simply, “And also with you.”
Specific Responses Related to Star Wars Dialogs
- If you are busy at work and don’t have time to entertain them, you can reply with- “Patience you must have my young Padawan.”
- If you are feeling a bit sassy at the moment, reply with “Feel the force!” or”The Force is strong with this one.”
- If you want to assert some dominance, simply reply with, “No! I am your father.”
- If you really don’t like the person, you can say– “Be careful not to choke on your aspirations.”
- Just be a positive person and reply with “Live long and prosper.”
Some Responses to Sound Witty and Punny
- Since “May the fourth be with you” is itself a pun, you can reply with your own puns– “Don’t let your guard down yet. In two days the sixth (sith) will be with you” [context: sith is practicing hate, deception, and greed in Star Wars]
- Use your own pun and say, “Really! Ju-lying bro!”
Some Replies to Mix and Match Different Universes
If star wars met Breaking Bad
You can say, “The fourth be with who? SAY MY NAME”
If Star Wars met The Handmaid’s Tale
Bless them back in the creepiest way, “Blessed be the Fruit.”
If Star Wars met in Taxi Driver
Question their intention, “You talking to me?”
If Star Wars met Scarface
Show some aggression with, “Say Hello to my little friend.”
If Star Wars met Avengers
Give the most sentimental response with, “I love you 3000.”
If you are feeling extra pessimistic, quote the Linking Park:
“I tried so hard and got so far, in the end, it doesn’t even matter.”
Whatever your choice, there should always be a response to this sacred greeting. What would you choose?
Comment below some of your unique responses or even inside jokes.