The Haikyu!! of Football is here, and fans can now know the total number of episodes in this anticipated anime.
Blue Lock (by writer Muneyuki Kaneshiro and artist Yusuke Nomura) is based on the oldest tale of mankind: the survival of the fittest. After a humiliating defeat of the Japanese National Soccer Team in the 2018 World Cup, Ego Jinpachi is brought on board by the Football Union. The manga brilliantly portrays his unique method of psychologically driving the players to unlock their full potential.
Yes, The manga is still in the process of being Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen Magazine; till now, there has been a total of 20 tankobon volumes.
The main protagonist is Yoichi Isagi. He is unsure of his abilities, and despite his lack of self-confidence, he joins another friend and signs up for the Blue Lock training regimen. After he and the rest of the boys finally figure out the nature of the complex journey they are about to embark on, Yoichi Isagi and the rest of the talented players decide to “devour” the others and forge their path to true greatness; as the egotist stands alone at the top.
Studio Eight Bit produces the series (known for Infinite Stratos, The Fruit of Grisaia, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, and The Irregular at Magic High School: Visitor Arc). Tetsuaki Watanabe and Shunsuke Ishikawa are the directors who will preside over the project.
Taku Kishimoto (known for Magi: Adventure of Sinbad, Moriarty the Patriot, 91 Days) developed the screenplay for the upcoming series. Jun Murayama is the composer for this project.
Blue Lock Anime New Trailer
- Director: Tetsuaki Watanabe,
- Assistant Director: Shunsuke Ishikawa
- Script Writer: Taku Kishimoto
- Art Design: Shinji Sugiyama
- Art Director: Sawako Takagi
- Character Designs: Masaru Shindō
- Chief Animation Director: Hisashi Tojima
- Sound Director: Fumiyuki Go
- Animation Producer: Tsutomu Hirano
- Sound Producer: Bit Grooove Promotion
- Music Composer: Jun Murayama
- Backgrounds: Studio Wyeth
- Kazuki Ura as Yoichi Isagi
- Tasuku Kaito as Meguru Bachira
- Soma Saito as Hyōma Chigiri
- Yūki Ono as Rensuke Kunigami
- Daishi Kajita as Asahi Naruhaya
- Masatomo Nakazawa as Wataru Kuon
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Jingo Raichi
- Ryūnosuke Watanuki as Okuhito Iemon
- Shugo Nakamura as Gin Gagamaru
- Shōya Chiba as Yūdai Imamura
- Aoi Ichikawa as Gurimu Igarashi
A special screening is being held from today (23rd) until October 6th, next Thursday. Episodes 1 and 2 shall be broadcast for all eager fans at the venue. The itinerary includes a trailer, bonus video, and cast appearances.
Amongst the cast, Kazuki Ura, Tasuku Kaito, Yuki Ono, Soma Saito, and Shugo Nakamura were present at the gathering. The stage greeting is scheduled twice for the day, once at 10:15 and again at 12:50 in the morning and noon, respectively.
Shinjuku Piccadilly is the arena chosen for this event. The admission fee is around 2200 yen, and the bookings started two weeks ago. Takumi Minamino (Monaco, Japanese Professional winger) is selected as the “Honorary Captain.”
It has been revealed that Blue Lock will have a release comprising 24 episodes in total. The anime will run in two separate cours, so there will probably be a time-lapse. There is also another important announcement. A smartphone game, “Project: World Champion,” will be released.
The hit new-gen sports anime, Blue Lock will start airing on TV Asahi alongside Crunchyroll from October 8th. We hope you’re ready for this. If you want more, don’t hesitate and swing by ASAP before the event ends.
Have you given Blue Lock a read yet? Trust me, it’s worth it. Take care and goodbye!
Source: Official Website